Washing with Water of the Word Eph 5:26

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

God's Hand- Prayers in time of Trouble (illness, worry, etc)


O Lord,my God though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; You stretch out Your hand against the anger of my foes, with your righ hand You save me. You, Lord, will fulfill Your purpose for me; Your love, O Lord endures forever- You will not abandon the works of Your hands. (Ps. 138:7-8)


Your right hand, O Lord, is majestic in power. Your right hand, O Lord, shatters the enemy. In the greatness of your majesty, You will throw down those who oppose You. You will unleash Your burning angerl it will consume them like stubble.(Exodus. 15:6-7)

Who among the gods is like You, O Lord? Who is like You-majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders? Stretch out Your right hand and deal with my enemy, O God!(Exodus. 15:11-12)

Who is like your children, O God , a people saved by the Lord? You are my shield and helper and my glorious sword. Cause my enemy to cower, Lord! Trample down his high places. (Deut 33:29)

Lord, my God, show the wonder of Your great love, You who save by Your right hand those who take refuge in You from their foes. Keep me as the apple of Your eye; hide me in the shadow of Your wings from the wicked who assail me. (Ps. 17:7-9)

Reach down from on high, my God and my Redeemer, and take hold of me! Draw me out of deep waters. Rescue me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who are too strong for me! My enemy has confronted me in the day of my disaster, but You, Lord are my support! Bring me to a spacious place; rescue me because you delight in me! (Ps. 18:16-19)

Mighty God, free me from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge...You have not handed me over to the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place (Ps.31:4,8)

I am always with You, O God. You hold me by my right hand. You guide me with Your counnsel, and afterward you take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And earth has nothing here besides You. My flesh and heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever (Ps. 73:23-26).

Father, I pray that You will cause no weapon forged against me to prevail. Enable me to refute the tongue of my accuser. Thank You for giving this as a heritage to Your servants, O Lord (Isa. 54:17)


Father God, according to Your Word, wickedness will increase as the time of your return draws nearer (Matt. 24:12) Prepare me through prayer and Your Word to stand firm when I am under the attack of the evil one.

Victorious God, I celebrate the fact that You, the God of peace, will soon crush Satan under Your feet, and until then the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ is with us (Rom. 16:20).

Excerpts from the Book by BETH MOORE Praying God's Word Chapter on Overcoming the Enemy

No comments:

Post a Comment